Three Lesser-Known Types Of Damage In Personal Injury Cases

Posted on: 11 May 2015

When you have been injured in an accident, you may suffer from several types of damages. Most people immediately think of the financial losses due to medical bills as being the only major type of damage that you suffer after an accident. However, there are actually several other lesser-known, yet still significant, kinds of damage that you may have to deal with. Your personal injury lawyer can usually help you recover these types of damages.
[Read More]

Minors And Labor Law: What An Employer Is NOT Allowed To Do

Posted on: 21 April 2015

Minors enjoy getting a job and having an income of their own. However, there are labor laws in place to protect minors. At one time, children as young as five years old worked fourteen hour days in factories, doing dangerous jobs adults did not want to do. After the first World War, that changed and now employers are not allowed to hire teens or pre-teens to do dangerous work. If you are concerned that your son or daughter's employer is breaking the law, you first need to familiarize yourself on what the governing laws are.
[Read More]

3 Mistakes You Need to Avoid in a Personal Injury Case

Posted on: 13 April 2015

Being injured is one thing, but not getting the right amount of compensation is even worse. All too often, people end up being taken advantage of during their personal injury claim. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of skill and knowledge to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. After all, you didn't do anything to warrant the injury in the first place. Why should you have to pay? To make sure you don't get taken advantage of, avoid making one of these costly mistakes.
[Read More]

Can You Sue A Partner For Giving You A STD?

Posted on: 31 March 2015

In a sexual relationship, it is the responsibility of both partners to divulge if he or she is infected with a sexually transmitted disease, or STD. If you were infected by someone with a STD, you may be able to take legal action against him or her. Whether or not you can depends on the details of your situation. What Legal Actions Can You Take? One available option is to contact the police and request that charges are filed against the person who infected you with the STD.
[Read More]